The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in the house, and if yours is looking a bit worse for wear, it could be time to redecorate it. But don't just give it a makeover to make it look good – sprucing up your bathroom could also help you sell your property or find a new tenant.
How Can a Better Bathroom Help?
There is no conclusive evidence that proves giving your bathroom a refresh will increase the value of your home, though it has been suggested numerous times.
But there can be no doubt that a modern, attractive bathroom will have a big impact on potential buyers or tenants.
If you are finding it hard to sell your home or find new tenants, consider giving your bathroom a refresh to create a better impression of the property.
Simple Strategies to Improve Your Bathroom
There are many things that you can do to improve your bathroom and make it look much more attractive for potential buyers or tenants. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Paint – painting the bathroom is the simplest thing you can do, but it can make all the difference. Just make sure you paint in light, neutral colours that will be attractive to all buyers rather than choosing something that may turn some people off, like bright pink.
- New tiles – choose high-quality tiles for the wall, and again keep them simple rather than anything too colourful. For the floor, stone floor tiles are durable and stylish, but they are more expensive. But you could choose cheaper tiles, especially if you are planning to sell your property.
- New hardware – adding new taps on the sink and bath is a simple and elegant way to make a huge improvement to your property. You could buy some modern or antique taps, and these will change the style of your bathroom dramatically.
- Clean away mould – it's not a fun job, but no one is going to like seeing mould in a bathroom. Also ensure your ventilation is good enough to prevent the bathroom from getting mouldy in the first place.
- Lighting – adding some new lights can also make a big difference to your bathroom. Some stylish sconce lighting can look stunning.
- A new shower – if you've got the budget, how about installing a walk-in shower? These are always popular in any bathroom.
- Heated towel rack – this is a simple addition to any bathroom, but it can add a touch of luxury to impress potential buyers or tenants.
- Little touches – how about adding an attractive blind? A new shower curtain? A shelf for towels above the door? Some extra storage space underneath the sink? Sometimes these little touches can make a big difference.
Improve Your Bathroom with a Makeover
A bathroom makeover can be as large or as small as you want it to be, and you certainly don't have to spend much money on it. Indeed, a good clean and a fresh layer of paint can sometimes be enough.
But if you want your bathroom to really make an impact on potential buyers and tenants, use a few of these ideas and make sure it looks stunning when they come around.